Today, Carrie over at Fitness and Frozen Grapes posted a Running Pop-Quiz and invited everyone to play along! Sounds like fun for a cold Sunday, especially since I only made it a mile this morning on my treadmill and kind of down about it. My foot swelled after 6 miles yesterday but no pain, there was just a small amount of pain this morning so I decided to play it safe and stop.
1. Fuel: GU, shot blocks, energy chews, candy, or other?
I have my homemade mixture of around 7 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp molasses and 1 tsp of salt. I blend this all together with water in one of the bottles I carry with me. You can see it in the darker bottle behind the plain water.
2. Race length: 5-K, 10-K, half-marathon, marathon, ultra, or other?
Well, my favorite is the half-marathon. 13.1 is just the right distance for me. 5K seems too short and a marathon, well, a tad too long.
3. Workout bottoms: skirt, capris, pants, running shorts, or other?
My running shorts. Ink’nBurn and Oiselle are my favorites! If it is under 40, then I wear running tights under my shorts. Under 20 then my Brooks winter running pants come out.
4. Sports drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, or stick to water when you run?
Water or Ultima Grape flavor. I’m pretty limited with my allergies but the Ultima has an awesome grape taste, like Kool-Aid only better and without the fake ingredients!
8. Rest days: one per week, two or more per week, never ever, or other?
Usually 2 per week if all is according to schedule. I need some time just to know I can sleep in and my body can recover. Friday is my favorite rest day!