Inspired by the #HealthysELF challenge, I am going to take a moment, enjoy it and reflect on all that is good and happy in my life. Truthfully, there is not much I consider bad so that is a really good thing.
Now, 10 things I am thankful for:
The Big Thanks: (in no particular order except #1)
1) My family. For my parents who are always there for us and love the kids more than anything in the world. Nana is always willing and happy to drop everything and feed us and Papa loves to listen to their day and share stories with them. My husband, who doesn’t miss a beat or raise an eyebrow when I head off for a 6pm run and the kids are hungry. He also supports my RunDisney addiction too! For my kids, the loves of my life who bring me joy every day and my running partners too!
2) My career. As much as I dream about a life of complete fitness, lol, I love my job. It is challenging and I am learning so much about quality in my new position. It is nice to have another purpose in life, coworkers to interact with and things to learn.
3) Living in the US and being a US Citizen. After the things we experienced in China during the adoption of Baby Girl, I am so thankful to live here in the US. We can choose our religion, pursue our dreams and have nice clean hospitals just to name a few.
4) The health of my family! So important!
5) I can RUN! Last night I met the local Hanson’s Running Shop for a group run. We took off and my Garmin was reading 7:30 WOAH! This wasn’t a 5K! I excused myself and dropped back. The back of the pack was 9:00 min/mile pace. I could hang there for the run. In the past, no way! I am so thankful for the freedom to run and for how much my pace has improved in such a short time! I am thankful for the stress relief it brings, the excitement and sense of accomplishment too!
The Other Things:
6) Being able to eat a healthy, organic Paleo diet.
7) My nice, warm home.
8) The organic garden we have in the Summer time and the fact I am a pretty good cook!
9) I am thankful I started this blog and Run Fast Mama! The friends I have met and been inspired by are amazing! I am so thankful for every one of you, my readers, as we work towards common goals of health, fitness and happiness!
10) Spring! This has been a really long, long winter! I got a taste of summer during the Goofy Challenge and my body is craving sun!
Well, that is my list for where I am right here and now. I’m glad I stopped and reflected, I tend to rush through life at times.
What are you thankful for?